Published Jul 13, 2020
Cognni Joins the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association to Bring Information Intelligence to a Wider Audience
Cognni Adds Information Intelligence to Microsoft Information Protection
14 July 2020 – Cognni, a pioneer in delivering information intelligence with meaningful insights to organizations, has announced that it recently joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. This move is a key step in changing how information intelligence can be used to make managing infosec simple. Cognni looks at information sharing from a security perspective, offering human-like intelligence to understand complex business situations and to make cloud collaboration security easier. Cognni expands risk detection from looking where risks are suspected to happen to finding risks that no one even knew existed.
Cognni’s unique platform allows infosec teams to make sense of shared activities by mapping, detecting and then investigating exposures. Taking a more proactive and multifaceted approach to information recognition, Cognni’s AI learns which interactions are acceptable within Microsoft 365. The platform broadens the scope of information scanned for risk detection, looking beyond policies based on best practices and regulation. By looking at the largely uncharted field of sensitive, yet non-regulated information, Cognni can autonomously identify risky behavior that a company wouldn’t even know about. We’re making the digital transformation easier and smoother for organizations by simplifying complex cloud security. We give infosec teams more visibility and increase their ability to overview information sharing without getting stuck in the details. It’s an honor to be a part of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. Thanks to this membership, Cognni can help companies understand what information means in context and take the right action to protect their sensitive information. Guy Eisdorfer, Cognni co-founder and CEO
Benefits of adding Cognni to a Microsoft tenant:
- Simplifies work life by offering one place to view all insights, and highlighting incidents worth deeper analysis.
- No user involvement, which means no disruption to the business users.
- Accelerates cloud migration and Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) usage, making cloud collaboration and remote work easier.
- Allows company resources to be used more efficiently – Cognni does the work that would take a team 100’s of hours to complete.
- Runs out of the box, in minutes. No rigorous training or implementation required.
- Expands scope of information mapping, finding risks outside of predefined policies.
- Enables accurate policy creation, setting or reconfiguring of policies to reflect actual work environment.
Members of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association, like Cognni, offer solutions that defend against a world of increasingly sophisticated, fast-moving threats. The integration of Microsoft 365 with their solutions allows us to work together to help customers navigate the security landscape. Ryan McGee, Director of Product Marketing for Security, Microsoft Corp